This privacy notice (together with any other documents referred to in it) explains how any personal information we collect about you, or that you provide to us will be used by us when providing our services and carrying out our functions as a Local Authority.
We are committed to ensuring that personal information is held fairly, lawfully and securely in accordance with privacy laws.
This notice explains how we use your personal information and how we will treat it.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time.
Areas covered by this notice:
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when the Council collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about people, such as:
- people who use and receive our services – see service specific privacy notices
- visitors to our website
- people who register for an online account
- people who are referred to us by other persons, agencies, organisations
- people who contact us with an enquiry or complaint
- job applicants and our current and former employees
- people who participate in publicity for us
- people who are recorded on CCTV operated by us
- people we deal with in connection with our functions.
By law you have rights over how your data is collected, processed and stored. These are:
- the right to be informed about how we use your personal information
- the right to ask for access to the personal information we hold about you
- the right to ask that your personal information is given to you, or another service provider of your choice, in a commonly used format
- the right to ask us to stop using or to delete your information
- to right to ask us to limit what we use your personal information for
- the right to ask us to change personal information you think is wrong
- the right to withdraw consent you have previously given us to use your
- the right to object to automated decision making and profiling where this is
For more information about these rights, and how to use them, read Personal information, and your rights.