As part of 2022 Our Year, we’re delighted to announce that 11 to 16 July will be dedicated to children in their first 1001 days of life (from conception to age 2).
There is a programme of activities and events for expectant-parents, parents, and babies. We hope the programme will bring our Start Well Strategy to life by promoting the importance of the early days of a child’s life – and how this period is critical for their lifelong learning, health, and development.
Events will be taking place across Manchester, in our Sure Start Children’s Centres and in other cultural and leisure venues.
There is something for everyone and it’s all FREE!
Whether you want to relax (with ‘Pilates for Mum and Baby’ or ‘Baby Massage’), get creative (‘Storytelling and singing session’), be active (with ‘Free swim sessions for pregnant women and free family swim’ or ‘Soft Play’) or learn potentially life-saving new skills (with ‘First Aid for Parents’ courses) – there’ll be something for you and your baby.
So see what’s on near you and get involved!
- Manchester City Centre area
- Events in parks (Debdale, Heaton, Wythenshawe and Alexandra Park)
- Longsight, Mount Road and Ardwick area
- Sharston, Brooklands, Baguley, Sale Road (Northenden), Woodhouse Park area
- Chorlton Area
- Crumpsall, Cheetham, Harpurhey and Higher Blackley area
- Miles Platting, Collyhurst, Moston and Newton Heath
- Moss Side, Rusholme, Hulme area
- Beswick, Gorton & Abbey Hey, Levenshulme and Clayton & Openshaw area
- Whalley Range, Fallowfield, Old Moat and Burnage area