You can make a difference and help create a better future for the children in our city, knowing that you’re helping towards a better future for Manchester.
2022 Our Year invites you to get involved in a collective drive to put youngsters at the heart of Manchester’s future.
There are many ways you can get involved and show your support…
Become an Ambassador
How you could get involved in as an ambassador:
- Amplifying campaign messaging via your networks and social media
- Attending media & business events to talk about the aims of the campaign
- Telling other people about how they can get involved and help make Manchester a better place for all children and young people and set an inspiring example
- Encouraging others to take part in Our Year through sponsorship or pledges of support
- Supporting young people to speak up and have their voices heard
- Helping promote and share information and activities with other ambassadors in the network
- Official 2022 Our Year activities throughout the year to help promote the campaign
This is a very important role as ambassadors will be representing 2022 Our Year to help the campaign reach and inspire new people and businesses across the city and beyond.
The benefits to you:
- Experience working on a local, high profile, trailblazing campaign
- A highly visible demonstration of your commitment to social value and giving your time to improve the lives of others
- A sense of satisfaction and pride for both inspiring and helping to make a real, valuable difference to the next generation of Mancunians
- In keeping with the vibe of the city – Mancunians sticking together
- Association with likeminded people (VIP’s, brands and heads of local industry) with shared values
- Helping Manchester to achieve the status of a UNICEF Child Friendly City
- Supporting young people who have been impacted by the COVID restrictions
Submit your interest today
Become a Sponsor
Manchester City Council are producing a series of additional and enhanced events, campaigns, activities and experiences to improve the lives of young people in Manchester as part of 2022 Our Year.
To meet our ambition to create a true and lasting legacy, which will help young people in this city to achieve their dreams, we need to work together – public and private sector – to put young people at the heart of the city’s future.
Two dedicated funds have been set up that would benefit your support in the form of sponsorship.
Become a Supporter
You can pledge your support in many ways, however large or small. We’ve got some ideas to get you started below, but we’d love to hear how you think you could help:
- Donation of equipment (play equipment, arts and craft material, sport or ICT equipment)
- PCs, laptops, phones, tablets
- Free tickets to events
- Vouchers for experiences
- Monetary donations towards youth initiatives
- Work Experience
- Volunteer hours
- Dedicated sessions for young people at your venue
- Dedicated space for young people at businesses/venues
- Free of charge venues for groups to run young activities
- Event space to support calendar of events for 2022 Our Year
- Provide a regular meeting space for Youth Voice forums
- Accessible storage space for resources