Monday 11th July
Baby Week Launch event at Manchester Art Gallery
Refreshments and snacks provided throughout. Buggy store available.
We launch Baby Week with a range of stalls and activities at Manchester Art Gallery. Just drop in!
JUST ANNOUNCED: We are excited to host a very special Stay & Play session with BBC Tiny Happy People & BBC CBeebies The Baby Club, presented by The Baby Club’s Nigel Clarke. Join in with songs from the show and activities from BBC Tiny Happy People. The session will be running 3 times during the event and admittance is on a first come, first served basis.
- Language and communication advice from the Speech and Language team
- BBC’s Tiny Happy People – with information about their interactive website
- BUZZ – Manchester’s Health and Wellbeing Service
- Dads Matter (promoting father’s engagement)
- Rodney House Outreach Service – Information and advice about Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Accident Prevention – for safety advice
- Integrated Infant Feeding Team – Advice about feeding your child
- Midwifery/Maternity Voice – Advice about the Healthy Start scheme, vitamin D, and healthy eating on a budget
- Maternity and Baby Vaccination promotion – ask questions about vaccines
- Oral health – Free toothbrushes and toothpaste, and advice about oral hygiene
- More Life – Weight management advice
- Central Library/Read Easy Manchester – Ask them about library and reading services
- Health Visitors – Advice and demonstrations to help your baby sleep safer, and information about the Healthy Child Programme
- Dance Like a Mother – Babywearing Dance and Babywearing Advice
- Football Museum – Find out about their creative and physical activity offer for babies and toddlers
- Save The Children – find out about their work in Manchester
- Sure Start Children’s Centres – Find out what’s on for you and your family across the city
- Baby Massage, book on arrival. (11.15-11.45am, 12-12.30pm, 12.45-1pm)
- MCR Active – 10.30am-1.15pm video showcasing how to be active during pregnancy
- Baby Yoga (suitable for pre-crawling babies from 6 weeks old), book on arrival (11.15-11.45am, 12-12.30pm, 12.45-1pm)
- Pop Up Percussion, creative music sessions for babies, book on arrival, 11.30-12pm
- BBC Tiny Happy People – themed Stay, Play and Learn sessions (Sessions throughout)
- Messy Play with artist Vanessa Scott, exploring senses. 10.30-1.30pm. Just drop in.
- ‘Meet Me a Tree’, interactive theatre show for children aged 0-2 years. Ticket on arrival. 11.15am-12pm. And 12.15-1pm.
- Mindfulness sessions for parents, with Louise Thompson, Health and Wellbeing Manager. Sessions throughout. Just drop in.
- Story-making/storytelling workshop with Reform Radio. Book on arrival. 10.45-11.45am.
- Baby Sensory Play with artist Naomi Kendrick, 10.30 – 1.30pm Just Drop in.
- Children and Parents Service (find out about the Baby Incredible Years Parenting Programme), Book on arrival. 11-11.30am, 11.45-12.15pm, 12.30-1pm.
- Baby Bonding Sessions, Book on arrival. 11-11.30am, 11.45-12.15pm, 12.30-1pm.
- Cook and Taste – Cooking Healthy Meals on a Budget, Book on arrival, Between 11am-1pm.
Wednesday 13th July
- Stay and Play session for 0-5’s. Sure Start and artist-led creative play session for Rusholme, Fallowfield and Moss Side residents, 11-12 and 1-2pm, to book contact Katy McCall, Family Learning Manager, 0161 235 8869.
Manchester Central Library (in the Performance Space)
- Artful Playground & Summer Reading (mini) Challenge launch (Join Artful Playground for a fun musical interactive storytelling session. Real musicians take on the characters and introduce different musical instruments as the story is accompanied by a live musical soundtrack.) Session 1 is 10am-10.50am. Session 2 is 11-11.50am. Booking essential – Email email@example.com
Thursday 14th July
Manchester Central Library
- Storytime, 10.30 – 11.30am. To book email central.library.rt@Manchester.gov.uk
National Football Museum
- Fun baby session to encourage physical activity in our dedicated under 5s Discovery Zone, 11am – 12pm (0 – 12 months or not yet walking), 12.30pm – 1.30pm (toddlers). To book email firstname.lastname@example.org